That Time I Graduated From College

Saturday, December 19, 2015


It doesn't really feel real to say, but I finished my last finals a few weeks ago and my diploma is on its way to my house - I completed my undergraduate career. It honestly feels like just a rung in the ladder of life; like how a birthday never actually makes you feel older, but everyone makes it seem like you've walked through a portal to a different world. I suppose, in some ways, I have. I'm in the world of real life now, and the weirdest part is that I'm not freaked out at all. Perhaps this has to do with the fact that I've always felt like I'm going to peak in my 30s, so getting closer to that chapter of my life is a surprisingly comfortable transition.

What is weird is to look back on the past three and a half years and realize how far I've come in such a short time. From a freshman Biology major who thought injustice only existed in faraway lands, to the senior International Studies student who analyzes the world's systems and motives. I've led and followed, learned and taught, made and lost friends. My sorority gave me the best support network and best friends I could've asked for, the opportunities I was afforded have impacted me beyond measure, and my time abroad gave me enough memories for a lifetime - mostly due to my roommates, who will forever hold a place in my heart. I guess, in the end, I am wholly content with how my college experience turned out, even if it wasn't that traditional.

So, what have I been up to since then?

During my last quarter, I was busier than ever. Working two part-time jobs, interning, holding two leadership positions and writing a senior thesis gave me a run for my money. But I made it through!

This past week, I had my last day at my internship with Greenheart International (an amazing organization, please check it out) and my last shift at the DePaul Welcome Center; it's entirely surreal to know I'm not going back...
Then, I packed up my bags for a mini-vacation before I go home for holiday break!

All in all, it's been a crazy few months and I can't wait to share some exciting news with you all in the new year, as well as a more robust editorial calendar as I get back into blogging on a regular basis (shout out to my #1 fan, Isabella)!

I hope you all have the merriest of holidays with friends & family - stay warm & be kind!


 photo 4c7c3792-4cab-4378-973e-a9aba709ab12_zps08fdd915.jpg

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.