That Time I Turned Twenty-Two

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Joyeux anniversaire à moi!

Here we are again. Another birthday, another summer ended. Twenty-one has been one of the craziest, most life-altering, best years yet. Three years ago, I started this blog as I entered my college career. This next year is the year that I will graduate and (fingers crossed) find employment somewhere, starting a new adventure.
P.S. THANK YOU for sticking around and reading, through all of my ups and downs, I am beyond grateful for my readers!!

Each year, I pick out a quote to fit my mindset for that age. This year it was astonishingly obvious which one I needed to pick. For some reason, I have found this quote all over - social media, coffee shops, conversations, etc. And it's quite fitting for the ambiguous journey I'm about to begin:


Twenty-two is a delicious new chapter. It may be the year that I move, or I might stick around Chicago for a while. It may be stressful and tiresome, or motivational and beautiful. I may figure life out or just enjoy trying. I might find a new hobby, adopt a pet, fall in love - you get the picture. Here are some things that I hope for myself as I'm feelin' 22:
  • Start blogging regularly again 
  • Find a job, but don't settle for something you hate 
  • Make health a priority 
  • Call your family and friends more often 
  • Replace "spend" with "save" 
  • Remember that no one owes you anything
  • But still give everything you can to everyone you meet  
I could not be more excited for a birthday. Why, you ask? Because two is my lucky number. And two twos just seems like an insane amount of luck for one year. I can't wait to see what it brings!

 photo 4c7c3792-4cab-4378-973e-a9aba709ab12_zps08fdd915.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy birthday! 22 was definitely a transformative year for me (I almost moved up to Chicago!), and I'm sure you'll have a great year, wherever that takes you. One thing I'll say that helped me last year is just to trust in timing. A lot of great things came my way that I had to say no to, but now that I look back, I'm glad they didn't happen. Can't wait to read more about your 23rd year! :)

    Emily, www.cooperthames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! :D
      That is fantastic advice, I've been having a hard time letting go of opportunities and wishing that things were different so I'd be able to take them. But you're right, everything happens for a reason!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.