Foodie Review: Cafe Savoy

Thursday, November 20, 2014

I'll admit I haven't been keeping up with regular restaurant reviews over here...there's something about taking photos in restaurants in Europe that makes me feel like such an outsider, so I try to refrain. I also usually eat the food I get before I even think to take a photo. Oops.

Anyway, I was so impressed by this brunch spot in Prague that I had to share it with you all! And don't worry, I'll start sharing my favorite Parisian eats very soon.

Cafe Savoy was just a short walk from where we stayed near the castle in Prague, on the other side of the river from Old Town Square, and it was more than worth the small hike.


We were lucky to get a table as quickly as we did (even though it came with an hour & a half time limit), so I highly recommend calling ahead to make a reservation. It's that popular with locals and tourists alike.

The first thing we noticed about Savoy was the decor. Chandeliers hung from the painted ceilings and the open concept restaurant chose to use wine bottles as art, lining them up in shelves on the wall.


 The second thing was the prices of their food. Full breakfasts started at just 188 Czech koruna, or $8. Yes, you read that correctly. Prague makes us foreigners feel rich.

I got their traditional Savoy breakfast with a side of scrambled eggs. It was definitely more than enough and a strong contender for the best brunch I've had. <-- That's saying something! The hot chocolate is what really sent me over the edge. It was the real deal: steamed milk with melted chocolate...so rich & so good. Definitely trying that at home sometime!

Pre-chocolate-y goodness
Post-chocolate-y goodness - I'm also a hot chocolate artist
Scrambled eggs with cheese and chives *mouth watering*
Nut and chocolate bread, soft-boiled egg, Prague ham & swiss cheese
Yummy homemade bread with jam
The full spread! (Yes, I ate it all...almost)
 I think it goes without saying that we left the restaurant in a food coma. Luckily (or not?), Prague boasts a lot of hills and I'm certain we worked off those calories on our trek back to the hostel.

Have you ever been to Prague? What are your favorite brunch spots abroad?

 photo 4c7c3792-4cab-4378-973e-a9aba709ab12_zps08fdd915.jpg

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.