My Weekly Grateful Heart: Vol. IV

Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Weekly Grateful Heart is a series inspired by the very things that surround me. I have heard of gratitude journals for years, but was not convinced of their credibility until my second year of college, where a good friend told me that gratitude would change my life if I gave it a try. She is an amazing individual and proponent of happy, healthy living, so in an effort to be a little more like her, and as a version of the "start every day with a grateful heart" mantra, these are the things I am grateful for, week by week. 

 
I have been so terrible about keeping up with this...it's more like My Bi-Weekly Grateful Heart than anything! But I truly enjoy sharing my bits of gratitude every so often, even while I am busy busy studying abroad.

The past few weeks have taught me a lot about patience, friendship and the importance of communication. I have been loving every opportunity that has been thrown my way, especially because I realize my experiences are not typical for your average 21-year-old. The biggest part of my grateful heart absolutely must go to my parents, who support me in everything, even if sometimes they question how I am going to turn out!

In other news, these are the things I've been grateful for lately...
  • Train seats with enough legroom 
  • Not having to set an alarm
  • Coffee with milk & brown sugar
  • Long naps
  • Thunderstorms at night
  • Impromptu dinners with my roommates
  • When a dog falls asleep on your lap
  • Class discussions when you have something to say
  • Paella-flavored pizza
  • Snuggling up in my alpaca sweater for an early morning class
  • Days spent on the beach
  • People-watching with a glass of rosé
  • Those little olives you get at fancy cafés
  • A big plate of homemade pasta
  • Traveling with someone I love
  • Stumbling upon flea markets
  • When my 8AM class is cancelled
  • Taking the long way home once in a while
  • Waking up early when I don't have to and being productive
  • Messages from my sisters back in Chicago
  • Skyping my best friend
What are you grateful for lately?
 photo 4c7c3792-4cab-4378-973e-a9aba709ab12_zps08fdd915.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. There are few things better than 8 AMs getting canceled, and paella pizza?? Please send me some! You sound like you are having an absolutely wonderful time! ♥︎

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.