That Time I Turned Twenty One

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Before you ask whether I have a massive headache or have gotten a plate of greasy food, I'll stop you. I turned twenty-one years old at midnight last night and there was no party, no raging amounts of alcohol and no sticky nightclubs.
Sorry to disappoint.

The whole let's-get-hammered-I'm-twenty-one thing never quite took hold in my mind, and maybe because I have been fortunate enough to travel to Europe several times, this rite of passage is more nonchalant for me. Which is extremely fitting, in fact, because today is also the day that I leave for Paris.

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go. And 3PM could not roll around sooner.
I am so excited to start a new chapter of my life in a new city, with new friends, at a new school. This is an incredible moment for me because I know that after I step on that plane, there is no looking back. After my semester in Paris, I come right back to Chicago at full throttle and will be working toward finishing my degree nonstop until I have that diploma in my hand.

It's bittersweet, really, because I know I'll never have this leisure time back. I've spent a lot of the past few days thinking about the future and all the many decisions I will have to make.
And in light of that, I have found my new mantra for this new year:


Wish me luck as I embark on this crazy journey!

Also, while I'll post as often as I can, be sure to follow my Instagram & Twitter for live updates on my travels and mishaps while abroad. 

XOXO,
Em

Follow on Bloglovin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.