That Time I Took The Road Less Traveled

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Last week, I got to spend an entire seven days with one of my Littles, Stephanie. She came all the way back to Michigan with me for some time on the lake, in my tiny little town and, of course, lounging in my cloud-like bed. Rough life, I know.

One morning we got up, drank our regular coffee (she's as obsessed as I am) and headed over to a giant garden/forest/lake nature preserve near my house. It was early, but we rolled the windows down in my car and cranked the country music - something about being in Small Town USA makes me want to listen to crooning voices and slowly plucked chords. That, or the fact that I just spent a week at a giant country festival in Wisconsin. Take your pick.

Either way, driving down the back roads and then going on a hike through nature, all to the tune of Lady Antebellum and Dierks Bentley, made me so incredibly at peace.


Sometimes I move too fast, sometimes I can't keep up; but in the middle of a half-cleared trail on a sunny summer morning with one of my favorite people, I couldn't help but be happy. There was no space for second guessing or to-do lists or e-mails. It was just us and the leaf-covered dirt, moving forward, upward and onward.

In the words of Alabama, I'm in a hurry and don't know why. I rush and rush until life's no fun. All I really got to do is live and die. But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

Have you ever felt like you're rushing through everything? Do you have a favorite place/space that calms you down & brings you back to reality? 

XOXO,
Em

Follow on Bloglovin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.