My Favorite Things: Nakd Bars

Thursday, July 17, 2014

I'm a city girl through and through, but when it comes to summer, there's something in me that wants to explore nature and get out into the middle of nowhere. This usually results in me going on hikes a handful of days out of the week.

There are some great hiking trails near my house since I live out in the rolling hills. Some mornings I'll spend a couple hours getting lost in the trails and others I suit up for a calculated run on my favorite path. Either way, I have to bring a snack along with me - anyone else a diva about low blood sugar levels?

I always struggle to find a good granola bar. Whether they're too sweet, too crunchy, too bland, too protein-packed or even too tiresome (I've been known to become obsessed with certain breakfast bars for a month and then not be able to stand the sight of them after), it's tough to find the right mix of variety and tasty.

And this is why I am so excited to tell you about *cue the drumroll* Natural Balance Foods' Nakd bars!


I'm seriously obsessed, but in the best way. At first, I'll admit, I was a skeptic. Rhubarb custard? Caffe mocha? Pecan pie? But then I tried one. YUM.


Nakd bars have the chewy/crunchy ratio down to a science! And there are so many flavors to choose from that I can't see myself ever getting sick of them.  I absolutely love throwing one of these in my pocket - did I mention they're small enough to fit in a pocket without being annoying? - and heading out to explore. They tide me over until I'm done with my hike, which is no small feat for someone with a high metabolism. The best part? They're gluten-free, dairy-free & 100% natural with no added sugars or syrups, so you don't have to pretend you're being healthy - you actually are. There is no catch, it's literally fruits & nuts squished together in the best way.

Even my health-food-fanatic of a mother was impressed, so you know it's real.


The Cocoa Mint is my favorite, in case you were wondering...

Oh! And the packaging that the bars come in/with is just darling!



A company that believes in positive validation, healthy eating and delicious flavors is unheard of these days, so go check them out and try a case (or two, or three).


Have you ever tried Nakd bars? What are your favorite go-to snacks for exploring? 

XOXO,
Em

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried them but they look YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! And there's actually a sale on their sampler case right now, if you want to try them out :)
      http://www.naturalbalancefoods.com/

      Delete
  2. They look delicious and I LOVE mint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Anything mint is pretty much guaranteed to be good in my opinion!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.