La Mode & Moi: A Night At The Comedy Club

Monday, July 14, 2014

La Mode & Moi (meaning 'fashion and me' in French) is a series on my everyday style to give you all a glimpse into my classic taste with a european flair, as well as how to make ordinary looks a little more fun!

Last Friday, I took my mother to see a comedy show at The Second City in Old Town and threw together this outfit from my summer wardrobe.



top: J. Crew Factory / pants: American Eagle / shoes: Vince Camuto (similar) / scarf: J. Crew Factory (similar) / crossbody: Michael Kors (similar)
watch: Michael Kors / bracelets: Alex & Ani

I’ve been seeing white pants more and more lately, so I dusted mine off and paired them with a classic chambray shirt for that timeless, summer look. A floral silk scarf gave it a pop of color and my trusty tan wedges/cross body put a little depth to the look, literally! Finally, I slicked on my favorite lip stain in "Coral Crush" and kept my make-up neutral (heavy make-up in humidity is a huge faux pas). I loved how comfy and versatile the whole look is - it was perfect for an evening at the comedy club!

What do you think of the white pants trend? What is your favorite summer casual look?

XOXO,
Em

Follow on Bloglovin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.