Foodie Review: Summer House Santa Monica

Friday, July 18, 2014

Confession: This isn’t the first time I’ve been to Summer House. But the first time I went, I was too captured by the light & breezy atmosphere to remember to take pictures to show you all. Oops.
It’s happening now though, so that’s what counts, right?

Let me start by saying I was as impressed the second time as the first - this establishment is doing everything right!


The decor is white on white. There’s giant greenhouse-esque skylight in the main dining area. Hanging plants are suspended from the ceiling. All the servers don a gingham button-down and denim. Making reservations yet?

Well, you should, because the food is amazing. Granted, I’ve only had their breakfast/brunch (is there any other meal really?) but from what I can tell, you can’t go wrong.

My favorite dish is the lemon-cottage cheese pancakes and you will have heard me talk about them at least a handful of times if you know me. I can’t get over them! This time, they were all sold out (boo!) so I had to settle for the orange-chocolate chip pancakes - rough life, I know. And I treated myself to the sugared grapefruit as well, mostly so I could pretend I was being healthy. They were the perfect pair!

The coffee is strong enough that you need that extra sugar packet (maybe that’s just me), the fresh-pressed orange juice is sweet & tangy in all the right ways and I’ve heard rave reviews about their brunch cocktails - one more month until my 21st and I’ll test them out for myself ;)

If my ranting hasn’t made you want to go just yet, take a look at the photos I snapped below:


The whole atmosphere is very laid back with white & blue/green tones
My friend, Isabel, let me snap a pick of her eggs benedict - it tastes as good as it looks!



And just for old time's sake, here's a throwback to my first encounter with cottage cheese pancakes...it's a wonder I got a photo before digging in!

Ugh. Cue drool.

Have you been to Summer House Santa Monica? What is your favorite brunch spot in the city? 


XOXO,
Em

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. YUM. I'm regretting eating this around prime brunch time. My desk breakfast is not nearly as delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.