Foodie Review: Eataly

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

This post has been a long time coming, but I finally ate at Eataly this past weekend (& crossed another item off of my 101 in 1001 list)!


And yes, it was everything dreams are made of. Think Whole Foods meets the farmers’ market meets food fair meets Italy.

The place is gigantic, but something about the atmosphere makes it so inviting. You walk in and are greeted by crates of fresh produce under market-like tents. Then you pass the dessert (with all of your strength of will!) and head up the escalators to the different sections. In between the 'ristorantes', there were deli-like stations for each type of food, as well as areas for drinks - anything from wine to beer to espresso!

The most impressive fresh pasta bar, ever
There's nothing better than a fresh espresso
A sweettooth's dream

Vegetarian, pizza, fish, pasta, meat, oh my! There were so many choices, but my mother & I decided upon the meat “ristorante” in the back corner. We got a seat next to the window overlooking Wabash and immediately were served some of the best olive oil/bread I have encountered. Yum!

In case you forgot what real olive oil tastes like...it's AMAZING
My lovely dinner date!
My mother ordered the short ribs, which she claims were a meat lover’s dream. I went for my traditional option: the chicken. I was a little skeptical at first because chicken thigh isn’t exactly something I’m familiar with, and I honestly don’t think I’ll be able to order it at any other restaurant ...only because it was so dang good! I’m obsessed. We also split an order of the cauliflower, which was doused in a lemon vinaigrette sauce, capers and a light layer of breadcrumbs. I could spend all day telling you how amazing the food was, but I won’t waste your time, take a look for yourself!






Before we left, I simply had to snag a small dessert. Instead of the famous Nutella bar, I wandered to the pastry area and found a rendition on my very favorite sweet concoction: salted peanut tiramisu! It was gone in ten seconds flat, if that says anything to you.



Have you been to Eataly? Which ‘ristorante’ would you want to eat at?

XOXO,
Em

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. This place is unbelievable! Can't wait to go back EVERY time I visit Chicago. Obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I can't WAIT to go here when I'm in Chicago next month! (A month from today, eeeek!) I'm sitting here in bed so hungry now.

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.