Thursday Round Up! 1/30

Thursday, January 30, 2014


1. National Flags from Food // To promote the Sydney International Food Festival, an advertising agency recreated several country's flags from their national dishes. Um...HOW COOL! If that doesn't make you want to attend the event, I honestly don't know what will. My favorite flag was definitely the French (surprise, surprise).





2. This post from Love the Search // I can't even begin to explain how much I relate to this article.

3. A DSLR-esque iPhone Lens // With my history of traveling and taking a million pictures per second with my phone, how nice would it be to have a lens that makes them quality photos? Now I just need to get my iPhone fixed so it stops turning off at 80% battery...
 

4. Extreme Makeover: Helmet Edition // In honor of the Superbowl being this weekend, the NFL, Bloomie's and the Council of Fashion Designers of America teamed up to do a charity auction, where each designer decorated a helmet. I came across this on Pinterest and was astounded at their outcomes. Who knew something as manly as a football helmet could become so fashion forward? I love the Nicole Miller one! 
Bowled Over 
5. Shirts for a Cause // I'm going to gush about this company now, and I probably won't ever stop. They might even appear in future Thursday Round Ups. Yes, they're that great. Sevenly is a clothing and accessories brand that teams up with a different charity each week and creates new apparel that exemplifies the cause. This week, they've teamed up with one of my personal favorites: Polaris Project. PP is dedicated to fighting modern day human trafficking - something that has always made my blood boil. And I'm absolutely in love with the shirt designs. Just look at this simple tee with such a strong message!
Slavery Boyfriend Tee
6. Powerful Photography // Alright, this is my soft side showing, but I came across this photography series by Matej Peljhan, who made a young boy with muscular distrophy feel like a normal kid for a bit and I couldn't help but tear up. If only there were more people like that.


Cheers to the weekend! 

XOXO,
Em

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.