Foodie Review: Elly's Pancake House

Friday, January 24, 2014



This review has been a long time in the making. I've passed Elly's Pancake House a handful of times and always thought it looked adorable, with the iconic wall of plates clearly visible through its large windows, but I hadn't had the chance to venture inside until this morning.


With my best friend, Hannah, moving to the city this month, we decided to start a weekly ritual of trying different restaurants in Chicago - this is perfect because it goes along with my 101 in 1,001 list too!

Despite the freezing cold temperatures - and I mean freezing, we couldn't feel our hands or legs at one point - we braved the winter weather and headed down LaSalle to the corner diner. I wasn't surprised to see the place more than half-empty with the blustery wind keeping people at home, but the service was astonishingly wonderful. We were quickly seated and our mugs were filled with steaming, hot coffee.


I was immediately overwhelmed with the amount of choices on the menu. Pancakes, blintzes, skillets, omelettes and frittatas filled the extensive list. But being the traditionalists we are, we both settled for renditions on the spinach, feta and eggs combo. It was not disappointing. We got so much food that we both brought boxes home. And the best part, as if it could get any better, was the toast with homemade strawberry jam and whipped butter. Ah, I'm in love!

Up close and personal with this toast...

Spinach, feta & turkey sausage, oh my!

*mouth watering*

My lovely breakfast date!

Have you ever been to Elly's? What is your favorite breakfast place in the Chicago area? 




XOXO,

Em

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.