My Favorite Things: Pretty in Pink

Saturday, December 28, 2013

After a very relaxing vacation in Hawaii, I am back to blogging and I'm bringing you some of my favorite things in the name of the season!

Clockwise: pink pearl studs (handpicked by yours truly in Hawaii), Daisy Eau So Fresh parfume, Kate Spade Zoey wallet in Peachblossom (thank you, Adam & Bailey!), Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Strawberry
I've never really been one to indugle in the color pink, but this subtle, light shade is really growing on me. Bright pinks have never really gone with my wardrobe and tend to make me appear washed out, so I'm happy to have this alternative now that pastels are making a permanent comeback. 

I love the versatility of my new wallet; I can pair it with any bag or carry it by itself without it clashing. Besides, anything Kate Spade is so timeless. I know it will never go out of style.

The lip shimmer is perfect for an extra touch of sparkle, but following Iona's advice, I promise to never waste this lip gloss. It's light and keeps my lips moisturized while adding that pop of glamour I sometimes want. 

Marc Jacobs's "Eau So Fresh" is very light and floral, with a hint of woody musk that makes me feel sophisticated and ready to conquer the day. If you think his original "Daisy" is spectacular, you'll fall in love all over again with this rendition. 

The pink pearls are my favorite part of this set. While shopping in Honolulu, my parents and I stopped at a local jewelry store that let us choose our own oysters to crack. After my mother's pick turned out to be a beautiful, black pearl, I was surprised to find twin pink pearls in mine! I instantly knew that these lovelies were going to be my new favorite pair of earrings. The soft pink makes them a bit more feminine than my go-to, white pearls, but they're classic nonetheless. 

You could say I'm tickled pink!

XOXO,
Em

What is your favorite color of the moment? Are you finding yourself buying more and more of that hue?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.