Playlist: Midterms

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The pressure has been on for the past month for me between tougher, second-year classes, the craze of recruitment, working for my university's newspaper, and my inevitably busy social life. My friends often ask me how I do everything and manage to stay (at least somewhat) composed. And my answer?
I have no idea.

Sometimes I wake up with a full plate of homework and deadlines to meet and I tell myself that this time it isn't going to work out. But then it does.
I suppose most of the reason I make it through is due to my biggest cheerleaders: my mother (she keeps me sane at my most frazzled moments), my Lilly planner/ iPhone 5 (putting everything in my planner AND my iPhone helps me to relax and see the big picture. I look at certain deadlines and determine when I will have time to do what), and my favorite playlist of the season.



  1. Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood; This band is my current obsession. I just bought their album "I Love You." because it's really that good. I can listen to it when I'm getting ready, doing homework, cooking, or even just relaxing. 
  2. Tennis Court - Lorde; I cannot think of a better song to get me excited about doing homework.
  3. Safe and Sound - Capital Cities; It may be mainstream, but I can't help loving it.
  4. Counting Stars - One Republic; Okay, this one is actually very mainstream. But I am counting my lucky stars that I will get these papers written! 
  5. Let Her Go - Passenger; I like to take a nostalgic pause whenever this comes on. Look me in the eye and tell me it doesn't remind you of someone/somewhere. Yeah, that's what I thought.
  6. Stubborn Love - The Lumineers; A calm and collected melody is just what I want sometimes.
  7. Daughter - Youth; Sorry this is getting depressing but I just love her voice.
  8. Pompeii - Bastille; This song makes me feel like I just won a marathon. 
  9. Hold On, We're Going Home - Drake; Let's be honest, no playlist of mine is complete without a song by Drake. Sorry not sorry. 
  10. Hold On - SBTRKT; His voice and accent are the perfect motivation to finish a project. 


 How do you make it through midterms? What is your go-to playlist?

XOXO,
Em

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.