That Time I Started Sophomore Year

Thursday, September 19, 2013

If we're being technical, I'm already a quarter into my sophomore year thanks to my summer full of online classes. But I count this time as being the real beginning of my second year in college. Everyone has filtered back to Lincoln Park and surrounding areas. My apartment is coming together with each trip to World Market and each purchase we make online. Both of my roommates are here for good and every time I run errands, go to work, or go to class, I see familiar faces. It's funny how small this school can feel in such a large city.

And the weather has finally accepted its fate: cold, rain, and wind. But there's something oddly reassuring about it. I am so happy to be back in my domain. I am busier than ever between all my jobs, classes, homework, and sorority life. But I haven't felt this empty in a while.

I have spent the past two days (and two sleepless nights) wondering where I'm taking my life. I've decided that I think it's good to lose yourself at least once a year. By wrapping myself up in all this stuff, I've realized that I don't know where I'm going anymore. So I'm taking off a few of the layers and getting back to my core. I love to learn, so I'm learning. I love to edit, so I'm editing. I love to tutor, so I'm tutoring. And I love my sorority. So I'm...sororitying? Nevertheless, I love where I am right now because it's so deliciously new, I feel like I'm just starting to paint my life onto a blank canvas.

Stay tuned to see where I head next!

XOXO,
Em

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.