That Time I Finished My Freshman Year

Monday, June 17, 2013

Even with summer starting, my crazy busy schedule is, of course, still full. I've come to realize that I simply cannot let myself have nothing to work on or toward. My most recent endeavor has been applying to intern at Koc University in Istanbul as an English teacher for a children's day camp this summer. I saw the opportunity and instantly knew that it was what I had to do. So between the papers, studying, and end-of-the-year coffee dates, I've been juggling the application for this program. I recently bought my plane ticket and I could not be more excited; I just know it is a step in the right direction!

So this leads me to my newest mantra. Along with constantly thinking about Istanbul, my past travels, and the trip to India that I hope will happen in the near future, I have realized that traveling is what I love. The sights, buildings, food, people, culture...everything about travel is fascinating. It is so immensely important to understand other people too, and I guess it is just luck that I love doing that. And since I will only be young once, I have vowed to go on as many adventures and learn as much as possible while arthritis and whatever other health problems are still at bay. So, after that long rant, we finally come to my mantra: She most heartily enjoyed pursuing life.

This little gem was introduced to me on a pin that was given to me by one of my favorite people in the world, my sister-in-law. She got it from a small, artsy store in our hometown and for whatever reason, found it fitting for me. I kept it pinned to the inside of my purse for the longest time, but I never really considered it before now. I do enjoy life. I enjoy pursuing my dreams and goals. And the word hearty just makes me think of food, which I might love most of all.

XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.