That Time It Turned To 2013

Monday, January 7, 2013

It's a new year. New beginnings, new resolutions, a new start.

For some reason this year doesn't feel like much of a fresh start to me, but it's slowly shaping up to be perfect in its own way. I have, of course, resolved to change a few things in my life:

1. workout more often (and surprisingly it's not because I want to be more fit or skinnier or whatever. I just really enjoy how it feels after working out.)

2. less intake of unhealthy food (it'll happen every year, get used to it.)

3. get out there more and make more friends

So there you have my three goals for the whole year.


I'll keep you all posted on how I'm doing with this in the future, but as for now, let's chat about my year so far. I spent New Year's with friends and family - the way it should be spent. I got a couple more days with my German darling, Luisa, before being forced to say goodbye. I went clubbing/dancing (such an underrated workout).

And now I'm back in Chicago at my school with my friends where I belong. Even though I had to say a wrenching goodbye to our good friend, James as he transferred out of DePaul, we made the best of our first weekend here. (I have to add, Pitch Perfect really is worth all of the hype. If you haven't seen it, go watch it now.)

Classes, apartment and job hunting, working out, and my life as a second-quarter freshman begins tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited to see what this year holds for me!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. This is uber depressing! I miss you babe! So happy that at least I made the post haha! I wanna visit Chi town asap (aka I'm staying with you)! ALSO you have inspired me to become a blogger :)
    peace and love, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, you are always welcome my dear! We miss you incredibly and cannot wait to see your face again -- spring break?!

      And post your blog URL so I can follow you!

      XO,
      Em

      Delete

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.