That Time I Turned Nineteen

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yes, I am officially nineteen years of age today. Happy Birthday to me!

I said goodbye to my darling German, Luisa, yesterday afternoon..probably the worst birthday present in history. But I know we have to leave each other sometimes so the reunion is that much sweeter.

Nineteen-Year Old Resolutions:
(I know it's not New Year's, but I never end up following those anyway. So why not make Birthday Promises? I feel like that makes it a little more personal, and more like I really need to follow them. Please excuse me talking to myself for a moment.)
  • Pick up dance again, as a hobby. Don't over-do it, but keep up with it because it's what you love. And you heard your mother yesterday, you've been dancing since you came into this world. Quitting was a stupid idea.
  • Be more patient with the world. Remember that "look at every side of the situation" attitude you used to have? Yeah, get that back.
  • Remember how darn lucky you are. Seriously, you don't have room to complain.
  • Read the whole book. I know you're starting college and you think you won't have time. But do it.
  • Make sure to get running in at least twice a week. It makes you feel better.
  • Eat gluten-free as much as possible.
  • Enjoy this year and don't lose the people who hold you close. Good luck, we'll talk again when you're twenty.
There. It's done. I've written these down and put them in a box as well. I guess we'll see how that turns out in 365 days!

My Birthday presents: my lovely new macbook pro, dorm accessories, tea & a tea cup from my ladies, a Lilly tumbler, a gorgeous creme Guess bag, and my new glasses from Warby Parker (Reece in Whiskey Tortoise)
Oh! and this day marking a new term of my life, I created a Twitter account and found my new life motto:




Holy cannoli! A lot has happened today already. Time to start packing for family week, I'm off to my grandparents and cousins' houses.

XOXO
Em

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.