That Time I Moved Away To College

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DePaul is nothing and everything I expected it to be. It's fantastic, fast-paced, friendly (holy cow, I just totally used alliteration there!) But mostly, it's just so much fun. Yes, another F-lettered word. Get used to it.

First of all, my roommate is amazing. She is so much like me, but enough not like me at all. We get along great. At least much, much better than some of the roommates I'm hearing about...

Second, our room is the most adorable abode ever. Thank you, Audrey!

Third, the food here doesn't suck. I had the best apple & cranberry salad today. Life complete.
Fourth, the people are awesome. We made cookies last night for all the lovely kids in Belden, and while we were yelling out "cookies!" running up and down the halls, we met some pretty cool people. I'm excited. And then we went out exploring Lincoln Park a bit. It was so good to just walk around in the night with people I don't really know and freak out over boutiques and restaurants I'm sure we'll venture to later on.

Fifth, the view from my dorm. Self-explanatory.
Image

So that's that. I'm a college girl now. And I couldn't be happier. Being in the city makes me feel so independent and free. I mean, I bought my own GROCERIES yesterday!

But at the same time, I'm wishing I'd have someone to tell me what to do. This being away from home stuff is weirder than I'd thought. Oh well. I'll get used to it.


XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.