That Time I Found Out I'm An Autumn

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Yesterday was an episode of perfection. I started my day with a Watermelon Agua Fresca (watermelon purée and seltzer water) and delicious zucchini fries. Then I spent the afternoon with the best friends on this planet as we got told which colors look best on us and ultimately counseled in how to pick our wardrobes.

After, we dressed up & went out to eat at my favorite restaurant in downtown Toledo, Rockwell's!
I can't gloat enough about this night filled with good conversation, laughs, and more food than anyone could possibly consume. My ladies are just that, my ladies. One spring, one summer at heart, one winter, and one autumn. We complete each other. And now I'm going to write a bit about them because they wholeheartedly deserve it.

My Spring: She is the girl that walks into a room and lights it up with her animated character, infectious laugh, and glowing smile. The girl that I knew I'd be best friends with the first time I laid eyes on her. And our friendship is like wine, it just keeps getting better with age. She has a way of making me laugh almost all the time. She takes everything lightly and can never be mad for long. Her head is in the clouds, but there isn't a more loyal girl walking this earth! I can't imagine my life without her. She is my favorite, my Sarah.

My Summer: Okay, I have to admit she is a "spring" but to me, she'll always be summer. Perhaps because she's spent two summers with me & I know there's only more to come. She is my sister-daughter, the one that teaches me to be patient, and knows me so well it scares me. She is nonchalant about life and keeps calm always. Her beauty is unconventional and astounding, and I'm convinced she'll be the face of some designer someday. She loves me despite everything & will always hold a big chunk of this here heart of mine. She is my German, my Luisa.

My Winter: This girl keeps me guessing all the time. She's honest and doesn't like to waste time beating around the bush. Her demeanor can seem icy cold, but her heart is as warm as a cup of hot chocolate on a snowy day. She's intelligent, confident, and beautiful in her own skin. She owns up to herself and does as much as she can pile on her plate without it tipping over. And sometimes, when it does, she knows we're there for her. She's my twin, my Muri.

These are my girls. Forever & always.

XOXO








No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Please share your thoughts! Exercising the first amendment is always appreciated in my book.